Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

Every Thanksgiving my family adds a new recipe to our Thanksgiving dinner. We keep the usual staples like Mashed Potatoes, stuffing, veggies and Rolls.  this year a few things will change since i am introducing my Family to healthier eating.

Turkey - My mom has allowed me to cook the Turkey this year, FINALLY!!!! 
how will i prepare it you Ask?.....the Turkey will be taking a Bath in a homemade Brine that I  will prepare. what is Brining you ask?... Brining is similar to marinating , this process will make my Turkey juicy and very moist and will bring Major flavor to the entire turkey.

Potatoes...this year we will be making Sweet Potatoes - making it much healthier to eat, vs. the white starchy potato one eats.

Stuffing - my mom will be in charge of this , she makes a YUMMY Chorizo stuffing , and well... this is one thing that my family looks forward to eating once a year. is it healthy you ask?...nope not at all, but we will eat in moderation. Moderation Auggie and Tyler, Moderation!!!!!

Veggies - I will be roasting some veggies, not sure what at this moment , maybe asparagus with nuts and some sort of cheese drizzled with olive oil, or maybe carrots or....we'll just have to wait and see.

Soup - we have never had a soup and this is our New Dish ... I will be making a Pumpkin/Butter nut Squash soup...adding some spices, walnuts for texture and  heavy cream to add thickness to the soup and then topped with Crem Fresh.

in a few days I will add the rest to our menu.

Is there a special Dish that is a Must have in your Thanksgiving Dinner?
What Thanksgiving tradition does your Family do?

1 comment:

  1. How are you going to keep your sanity while you're cooking, you ask? Send those moderation clowns out to run a 5K Turkey Trot this year so they will stay out of your kitchen in the morning! That's my TG tradition.

    My vote for veggies is roasted brussels sprouts.

    You're gonna rock this year's TG dinner, Chris!

    ReplyDelete