Monday, November 8, 2010

Practice, Practice and More Practice....


I have 5 more days before my competition ...5 Days ....!!!!!

I will be competing on Saturday November 13th at 10:30 am at The American Culinary Foundation in Phoenix. I will be making 1 dish, plating for 2.

This is what I will be preparing for the competition: Rack of Lamb over Parmesan Risotto drizzled with a white wine Tomato sauce, and grilled Brussels Sprouts.

On Sunday I cooked the Lamb and Brussels Sprouts and made the sauce. I made Orzo Pasta  instead of the risotto, because I couldn't find the Risotto in the pantry ...my mom stored it in a different place than she usually would have.

I practiced on Sunday  for my two Critics ..MOM and Auggie... and this is what they had  to say, moms said the Lamb was undercooked (note...she likes all her meats well done and basically burnt.) she also said the sauce was too chunkier than before (I agreed), Brussels sprouts she liked as always. Auggie on the other hand loves undercooked meat and said everything was perfect for him.

here is what I prepared on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment