Thursday, November 11, 2010

Last Test Run before Competition

Yesterday was my last Test run with Mrs. Piper and Chef Robert before the Competition. I was timed and semi coached,  they took notes to let me know  what I need to change or work on. I did pretty good on my timing,  I actually had to slow down during my cooking time.

The time schedule is as follows.. 15 minutes to prep my area, 1 hour to Cook and 10 minutes to plate.


Chef Robert, and Mrs. Piper not saying much.

Gathering all my Misen place

Chef Robert talking to me about the Brussels sprouts (he is not a fan of Brussels Sprouts),  and I'm letting him know that i will change his mind about them after I'm done

and this is what it will look like
 
 I will then  then have 1 hour to Prep food  and Cook. this means cut all the veggies, season meat, make my chicken stock, and COOK
 trimming the Rack of lamb

 pots for Stock and boil water for Tomato, and the pan is for my Risotto


Cleaning the Mushrooms, Mrs. piper cleaning off the mushrooms
Making my risotto

getting my second pan ready , the lamb will be going in this pan


heat to high...for the meat ... pan on the left bottom has my Brussels sprouts, top left Rack of lamb, top Right Chicken Stock, Bottom right Risotto






Time to Plate , I have 10 minutes to plate....
after taking the Lamb out of the Oven i let it rest for about 3 minutes ,  Cutting the Lamb






  

Plating Risotto




Next ..... Brussels sprouts


 

Lamb is next





Next.......the Sauce


Cleaning the plate for presentation


Stand Back ... "Sigh of Relief" ...like the way it looks...



The Dish...............
Rack of lamb with Parmesan Risotto, Braised Brussels Sprouts and Tomato Mushroom Sauce




Thanks Danika for taking the picture ...it's perfect!!!!!!


Does it look like a Winner?






1 comment:

  1. I'd say it looks like a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

    LOVE this post, I always enjoy good photo journal. And Chris...you're so photogenic! So is your lamb!

    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIG DAY.

    ReplyDelete