Friday, August 19, 2011

Baking not for me?

i found a recipe for spicy cookies... what caught my attention when i read the ingredients was that they used  Mexican  Hot Chocolate like Abuelita or Ibarra ...and do i love Mexican Hot Chocolate.

for those of you that have never heard or had  Mexican hot Chocolate , it is the most yummy thing ever. There are a few types out there, the best 2 brands out there are "Chocolate Abuelita and Chocolate Ibarra. we have tried other brands but it's just not the same.

So I attempted to make these cookies and Heck no , no deal... these cookies were not what I imagined ...I guess this is why I do not like baking, you have to follow the recipe and measure to perfection not my thing at all. I like to make things my own and the only thing that I want to measure is the amount of seasoning that I will make the dish taste to perfection.

well here is how they turned out , and as soon as I can find the recipe I will post it and see if you bakers can give it a try and let me know how they turn out for you.






1 comment:

  1. What did they taste like? What were they called? It is interesting to have mexican cho-co-la-teh used in any baking receip. Chris, you should come up with a pie recipe and enter into the Betty Croker bake off!

    ReplyDelete