Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Devoured Food Festival

its 6am and my mom wakes me up ...What the Freak MOM...I Don't Have to be there till 8AM!!!!!!!
she ironed my Chef Jacket ...Thanks!

we head to the restaurant , i get dropped off , while I'm getting directions on what to load up Chef goes and speaks to my parents to let them know what time i would be getting back.

I help load up the truck , Ice chest , a hibachi grill , a few tables and canopy , and some other things that we will need for the event.we headed to the Phoenix Art Museum.

we get there and WOW...there are tons of restaurants that are setting up , pulling in with big trailers and huge griddles and refrigerators and we show up with a Hibachi grill?????

we set up our area get the grill going and Chef tells me to go with him and walk around to check out the other booths. while walking around i notice that everyone knows Chef, they shake his hand and offer him samples and talk with him for a few minutes second really because we have a ton of ground to cover . i was surprised on how everyone knew chef .

so what was on the menu for the Parlors Booth ...we grilled Peppers Onions and the Octopus
Devoured_7.jpg

this was the first time i had ever tasted Octopus ...and i am now a lover of this amazing creature.

there were tons of People I had no clue we would be in something like this.

I later found out that  Howard Seftel handed out a Gold medal to The Parlor for his dish .

after the festival we headed back to the restaurant, as we get there Chef asked if i was ready to get in the kitchen...Man oh Man...was i ever , i said YES...are you kidding me an opportunity to work side by side with this amazing chef...heck yeah., so i called my mom and told her what was going , she tells me yes we already know chef told us before you all left that if it was okay for you to work in the kitchen..and they told him YES..."man ....put me on the Grill Chef ....I'm ready to COOK!!!!.

man i left that day so Tired i had been up since 6 am and arrived home at around 10pm , the one goof thing i ate some amazing food that day.

can't wait for next year!

forgot to mention , he Offered me a job, he spoke to my parents and they said yes that i could work for him.


 Thanks Chef for an amazing Experience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment